If you own a website, you might have encountered several emails approaching for SEO services. It may have spurred up a question in your mind that why should I optimize my site for the search engine.
In fact, you have spent time and resources to serve your prospective and existing customers looking for your products or services on the web. So far you want to reach your targeted audience you have created everything keeping your customers or users in mind. Now, why should you care for the search engine if you have taken enough care to the audience?
Do you know how your online audience reach your business or site? Of course, there are multiple ways to reach, but using a search engine to run a query is the most comfortable and quick way to find you or your business.
If you want to take care of your audience and your visibility to them, you must take care of search engines and everything related to search engines. Well, with the understanding the significance of SEO in simple words, let’s try to get some killer SEO tips and tricks to increase visibility to search engines from the contemporary popular, and eminent SEO consultants belong to ZenGo team.
Some Killer SEO Tricks to Increase Visibility in Search Engines
- Domain optimization
- On-page or on-site optimization
- Off-page optimization
- Social media optimization
Domain Search Engine Optimization Tips and Tricks
These SEO strategies include the way how to select the domain, where to host, and how to maintain the domain. Let’s get some detailed tips but at a glance.
- Your domain or URL should include your main targeted keywords or business keywords. Thus, search engines and readers can understand your business quickly.
- Keep your domain/URL length as short as possible so that users can remember it easily as well as type quickly in mobile like tough-to-type tough screen devices.
- If you have sub-domains, keep those concise and comprehensive.
- Publish “Who Is” information completely to bring transparency.
- Select the right web hosting provider and suitable hosting plan. If you are not sure, take help of your web development company as it is almost technical SEO matter. In fact, hosting has a big impact on ranking, directly and indirectly, both.
- If you need domain migration, be careful and take help of experts to avoid mishaps.
- Wait to get seniority with the pace of time and keep SEO efforts constantly to improve your ranking as well as overall site performance in organic and legitimate ways that Google and other search engines are publishing time-to-time.
On-site Search Engine Optimization Tips and Tricks
Fundamentally, on-site optimization affects either the entire website/all pages or for a particular web page, which termed as on-page optimization. Therefore, we see both in separate sub-sections.
- Global on-site optimization
- Page-level on-site optimization
Global On-site Optimization
- Code optimization removes deteriorating factors coming into the way of indexing and crawling for the search bots. For instance, best coding practices like clean, compact, and comprehensive coding ease the job of crawlers to index the site code faster and clear ways.
- text file optimization is the way to either allow or block the crawler to index the particular pages or an entire site to avoid content duplication or run the site in production mode.
- Manage site uptime and downtime with proper server configuration, hosting related issues, and performance related issues. If possible attend sever-related problems immediately by setting alerts with the help of some tools and software monitoring server errors.
- Dynamic URL always considers as bad in terms of SEO so try to keep static URLs of your site pages by using site settings as well as with the help of appropriate SEO plugins/extensions. Manual URL changes provide optimization opportunities without any mistake.
- Use breadcrumb trails to organize your URL logically and comprehensively.
- Shorten the page URL as much as possible by manual entry. Thus, you can remove unwanted extensions, prefixes, and suffixes. In the case of breadcrumb trail usage, also try to cut the length of the entire page URL as much as possible.
- Create sitemaps, one in HTML to facilitate your users and one for XML to ease work for crawlers. XML sitemap provides exact content architecture or site layout of content to the search engines when submitted for crawling. Moreover, keep both sitemaps updated using appropriate tools for XML and manual updates for HTML.
- Make your website or web application mobile-friendly using appropriate techniques including responsive web design techniques to ensure seamless site user experiences across the devices or screens.
- Select the best site navigation schemes and in-site search features if possible to provide enhanced search experiences to find desired product or page with a few clicks and within a few moments. Take help of designers to provide main menus, side menus, footer menus, and breadcrumb with separate optimization for desktops and mobiles users.
- Use structured markup like Schema.org to get a place in knowledge graphs as well as in voice search.
- Justify links on the website pages carefully and keep the latest algorithm updates in mind while defining external as well as internal link building strategies. Link out to only authority sites considering your link quota for year or period.
- Optimize images using the latest image optimization tools available. Keep image format reliable and trendy such as SVG, JPEG, and PNG. Use GIF for animated images to induce life in it. Optimize Metadata for an image like title, description, and ALT tag.
- Optimize MetaData of all pages of the site like Meta title, Meta description, and tags using the latest SEO practices without stuffing keywords.
- Optimize site performance by managing site loading speed and interactive There are many site speed optimization techniques and tools available in the market.
- Secure site with SSL like the latest encryption technologies and protocols including HTTPS to secure data exchanges and personal info of your end-users.
- Avoid duplicate content on your site and manage the pages with duplicate content with appropriate coding like canonical tags.
- The content optimization is the way to make content readable and pleasing for bots as well as human readers. Take care to do it in highly natural or organic way by considering the latest techniques and algorithm.
- Provide adequate contact information using the latest communication channels including email, physical address, phone numbers, mobile/cell numbers, instant messenger IDs, and social media pages, don’t forget to include Google Map API for map views and real-time direction features.
- Define your privacy policies, terms & condition, and other policies through separate pages on your website.
- Show user ratings and reviews on your site using Schema.org coding.
- Take steps to cut your bounce rate.
- Increase engagements to maximize the user retention rate.
- Optimize site for repeat visitors by offering personalization.
- Optimize site for local-SEO.
Page-level On-site Optimization
Apart from general on-site optimization, SEO team must take care of page-level on-site optimization to enhance pages individually as landing pages. The following tips and tricks can work.
- Branding through design, content, layout, and user experiences are possible by implementing the latest technologies and tools.
- Meta Data optimization by optimizing title tags of the page, description, and tags by infusing your business keywords.
- The inclusion of proper heading tags right from H1 to H6 in your content.
- Augment your content by following the best practices of content writing and rules prescribed by the Google-like search
- Write unique, information-rich, and language mistake free content.
- Infuse your business keywords in your content in a natural way considering Hummingbird and Penguin updates.
- Include images and videos like multimedia into your web pages to make it more useful, comprehensive, and attractive.
- Follow the best practices of linking the pages internally as well as externally.
- Use bullets, lists, paragraphs, and sub-headings to make content easy for rapid scanning for readers.
- Use proper redirects like 301, 302 for your web pages.
In other words, it is link building practices used in online marketing with a website. It reveals the reputation of your website, business, and content or information you have provided using various techniques and routes.
For instance, content marketing, social bookmarking, directory submission, testimonials, ratings & reviews, and much more in the line.
The content marketing includes writing various textual content or develop multimedia content to post on various sites, blogs, and platforms.
- Write articles related to your business niche or your web page considering your main business keywords and post on reputed as well as high ranking article directories.
- Write blog posts regularly and publish on your site using blog publishing platform like WordPress by following guidelines issued by search engines.
- Write guest posts with flairs of your niche expertise and try to publish on your industry niche sites, authority sites, and sites where your target audience present.
- Take care of anchor text by bringing variations in keywords. Prefer long tail keywords over the short tail keywords. Use key phrases instead of keywords.
- Write guest posts and blog posts in hundreds or thousands of words
- Manage quota of internal and external links by pointing three links to your site as internal links and one to the external site with higher authority and rank.
- To achieve best link velocity, earn as many as possible links just after publication of the content and as quickly as possible.
- Never hire a linked building company using black hat or age-old link building practices. If you had done it previously, remove bad links or disavow links that you are unable to remove anyway.
Focus on local-SEO practices by building local citations, local reviews, and create local business pages with Google including Maps.
Besides the organic SEO, try to run paid search engine packages to maximize your initial traffic until you get a good ranking, hence good traffic.
Social Media Optimization
Now, each social media encourage business presence through various ways of building a business profile or business pages with detailed info regarding the business.
- Therefore, leverage social offerings for the businesses by optimizing social networking sites as per the requirements and guideline provided.
- Make connectivity and sharing easy for your social media optimization campaign by including social media links and icons in your web pages wherever those seem appropriate to the place.
- Use social media for your content promotion and make your business messages viral using various social media marketing techniques and tools. Try to create rapport with your targeted audience using social media offerings including paid ads.
- Social media is a great way to engage your influencers and collaborate with them. Moreover, social campaign if run properly enables you to reach to new potential followers.
- Create info-graphics to place on Pinterest like visual platforms.
- Create videos to post on YouTube like the reputed platform and link those video to your web pages or posts by embedding code.
With this content piece, we have cited a plenty of killer SEO tips that boost the visibility of your website in the search engines with the least efforts but using valid and legitimate techniques.
However, each business is unique so their SEO campaign strategies. Therefore, all tips and tricks are not applicable for all sites in all circumstances. If you want to get the perfect idea what will work for you, just contact SEO team at ZenGo and see the difference what others suggest you.